Friday, October 7, 2011

I am totally starting to understand why  every year it gets easier to ORDER more of the food for the Jewish holidays. It's not that I don't like to cook,  I LOVE to cook. I LOVE when some thing that I have created tastes delicious. I LOVE when my husband and children come in the door and ay that something smells really good.
BUT, today I was faced with a VERY real truth.  I am getting OLD, and MY EYES are going.  TWICE I MIS-READ measurements and had to start over. Maybe I need to wear my reading glasses more. Maybe I need more sleep (definitely need more sleep), maybe its from medication.  All I know, is that simple dishes and breads and cakes that used to take 10 minutes to assemble now take an hour. MAYBE its my children or other family BBMING - texting me to ask/tell me their latest crises because NO ONE JUST CALLS ANYMORE.   Who knows.
MAYBE its having to think about haircuts and carpools and tutors, and tests, and homework WHILE I'm reading the measurements and getting the texts.
MAYBE its the door bell ringing and the dog barking while i'm thinking and cooking and measuring etc.
I don't know, but I gotta go pick up from school and rush back to take a cake out before we go for a haircut and then I GET TO shower and finish cooking before temple.
Have an easy Fast everyone.
For those of you who don't celebrate/observe, hug your mother even when you find raisins in your chicken soup and carrots in your dessert.

1 comment:

  1. Love the last line!!! That should be a made into a Jewish Mother poster!!

    ReplyDelete