Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Should I ALWAYS be positive?

It's been a long time since I've written anything. Not because I had nothing to say, but perhaps because I had too much. Reading through my posts, and the statistics on who reads them, the decision of whether to always be 'uplifting' and 'positive' or would allowing my 'self-pity musings' to flow through be beneficial to others, or just cathartic. So I've decided it's a bit of both, and if someone doesn't want to read -----click off!
I've had a headache since we were in Jackson Hole! The neurologist said places with that kind of altitude are not great for headache sufferers. You know what I think? The amount of fun and laughter and memories that I shared with my husband and children made it worth it. And I'd do it again. I didn't give up living when they took out my colon, and I'm not going to now. Yes, I have to take extra drugs, and rest more than others, but we laughed, and had lots of fun!
I also took my daughter back to college and set up her room. Many questioned WHY I NEEDED to do such a thing. The answer is very simple; it made her happy. It was comforting to her to have her dad and I BOTH go and fix and move and put things together 'just so'. Her room required creativity to make it feel special, and that is my specialty ;). Once you are the mom, that's your job for life!

2 comments: