Saturday, July 16, 2011

Miss me?

So did you miss me?
Quite frankly, I've been a bit afraid to blog. Why? Because this posh hotel that I like to come and stay and pretend I'm somebody special in, has been catering this week to the Madrid soccer team, and apparently some Persian Prince or something. There is security and whatnwould look like secret service EVERYWHERE!
Normally we stay in the main building. This year when we booked, we were told that they would be full and we would have to stay in a side building/bungalow. We didn't mind-it just lessened our motivation to go to the gym in the main building every morning! Oh well, so much for dieting all summer.
What really upset me, was last night when I was leaving for dinner and I passed two of the security henchmen and heard one say into his curly earpiece "yes the place was swept clean and all appears fine".

Would this bother you? On the one Hand
yay, I guess I was 'safe'. On the other, 'from what?', 'From whom?'? For some reason, I think as a repeated guest I should somehow have been 'warned'? AsaNew Yorker, I feel as though the president and all of UN members are staying here and they forgot to mention it!

No comments:

Post a Comment